Dr Ke Chen, Associate Professor, School of Design, Hunan University. Dr K Chen joined the School of Design as an Associate Professor in June 2017. She obtained her BSc in Applied Psychology from Southern Medical University (China). She received her MSocSc in Applied Sociology and PhD in Human Factors and Ergonomics, respectively from City University of Hong Kong. During 2013-2017, she was teaching in the School of Public Health, LKS Faculty of Medicine at University of Hong Kong, where she is responsible for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching for medical and allied health students as well as coordinating academic curriculum for MBBS/MPH modules. Her research interests include ergonomics in gerontechnology, technology acceptance by older adults, and successful ageing. Dr Chen has produced over 30 peer-reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings and book chapters on subjects including: gerontechnology, gerontology, ergonomics and human factors, and public health. She is a member of the Hong Kong Ergonomics Society.
- Ma Q, Chan AHS, and Chen K. Personal and other factors affecting acceptance of smartphone technology by older Chinese adults. Applied ergonomics, 2016, 54: pp 62-71. doi: 10.1016/j.apergo.2015.11.015 [2016 IF = 1.866]
- Merkel S, Enste P, Hilbert J, Chen K, Chan AHS and Kwon S. Technology acceptance and aging, in Kwon, S. (Ed.). 2016. Gerontechnology: Research, Practice, and Principles in the Field of Technology and Aging. Springer Publishing Company.
- Chen K, & Chan AHS. Gerontechnology acceptance by elderly Hong Kong Chinese: A Senior Technology Acceptance Model (STAM). Ergonomics, 2014, 57(5): pp 635-652. doi: 10.1080/00140139.2014.895855 [2016 IF = 1.818]
- Chen K, & Chan AHS. Predictors of gerontechnology acceptance by older Hong Kong Chinese. Technovation, 2014, 34 (2): pp 126-135. doi:10.1016/j.technovation.2013.09. [2016 IF = 3.265]
- Chen K, & Chan AHS. Use or non-use of gerontechnology – A qualitative study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2013, 10(10): pp 4645-4666. doi:10.3390/ijerph10104645 [2016 IF = 2.101]
- Chen K, & Chan AHS. A review of technology acceptance by older adults. Gerontechnology, 2011, 10(1): pp1-12; doi:10.4017/gt.2011.10.01.006.00 (91 Citations)
- Chen K, & Chan AHS. The ageing population of China and a review of gerontechnology. Gerontechnology, 2011, 10(2): pp63-71. doi:10.4017/gt.2011.10.2.001.00 (11 Citations)
- Chen K, Chan AHS &, Ma Q. Cell phone feature preferences among older adults - a paired comparison study. Gerontechnology 2014; 13(2):184; doi:10.4017/gt.2014.13.02.068.00 . ISG 2014, June 18-21, 2014 in Taipei, Taiwan
- Chen K, Chan AHS, & Chan SC. Gerontechnology acceptance by older Hong Kong people. Gerontechnology 2012; 11(2):102-103; doi:10.4017/gt.2012.11.02.524.00. 8th World Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology. ISG*ISARC2012, June 26-29, 2012, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) Netherlands.
- Chen K, Tsang SNH, & Chan AHS. Usage of mobile phones amongst elderly people in Hong Kong. Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2013 Vol II, IMECS 2013, March 13-15, 2013, Hong Kong, pp1016-1019.
- Chen K, & Chan AHS. Development and evaluation of an online casebook for teaching and learning of industrial accidents. In G. Yang, S. Ao, X. Huang & O. Castillo (Eds.), IAENG Transactions on Engineering Technologies Special Issue of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2012. 2013, pp. 275-288). Springer Netherlands. doi: 10.1007/978-94-007-5651-9_20
- Chan AHS, & Chen K. Driving Aptitude Test (DAT): A new set of aptitude tests for occupational drivers, Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science: Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2011, IMECS 2011, 16-18 March, 2011, Hong Kong, pp1322-1326.
- Chan AHS, Chen K, & Chong EYL. Self-reported stress problems among teachers in Hong Kong. IAENG Transactions on Engineering Technologies Volume 5: Special Edition of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2009. 2010. AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 1285, pp. 420-434.